My daughters are really enjoying their online Lingobus Chinese classes. I have been sitting with them lately, to help them with the lessons. When I sit with them, I’ve been noticing how FUN and INTERACTIVE these lessons are! Researchers say that it takes 400 repetitions of a new skill for it to be learned, unless it is learned through play! Then, it only takes 20 repetitions! Wow, what a difference! I can tell that Lingobus is using this strategy to teach Chinese. My kids are picking it up so quickly, and I think the fact that they are learning through fun activities is speeding up their progress.
The lessons are very interactive. In the video above you can see:
- Drag and drop activities like sorting items by color.
- Sorting activities to learn “boy” and “girl.”
- Audio clips to make sure they pronounce the word perfectly
- Filters on teachers faces that make her look like a cat
And those are just a few examples. Every lesson has slides that the student has to actually move or manipulate the material. As a side note, parents may need to help younger students learn how to use the mouse or trackpad to accomplish this!
Since our kids love screen time and computer games, Lingobus is using that to their advantage. It can feel like you’re playing a video game sometimes, rather than just sitting in a tutoring session.
My girls love the lessons and truly have fun during them. I think they were a bit intimidated at first about learning Chinese, because it’s known to be a complicated language that is so different than English. But the interactive nature of the lessons has really helped to give them confidence and engage them in learning the language!
Stay tuned for our next Lingobus video and blog!
Hello! My name is Laura and I am a mom of 2 Lingobus students, ages 5 and 9. Watch to see how our first classes went and why we chose Lingobus Chinese classes! If you’re interested in trying a free demo class, follow this link to get started https://www.lingobus.com/?referralCode=PAR49P
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Instagram: vipkidteachermom Thanks for watching! -Laura from Minnesota
Our Lingobus videos and blogs:
- April 2019: Our first Lingobus classes
- May 2019: How to help your Lingobus student.
- June 2019: How much can they learn in 2 months?
- July 2019: Lingobus for littles
- August 2019: Lingobus in the summer!
- August 2019: Happy Birthday, Lingobus!
- September 2019: Scheduling and Cancelling Lingobus Classes
- October 2019: Learning Chinese is FUN